Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) is one of the many errors that occurs after cleaning and recovering from computer virus infection. BSOD has many causes but one of the reasons is corrupted or incompatible device drivers. This is what this article is all about.
Many computer viruses will target and corrupt system files, windows device drivers are considered system file. Ive listed below computer virus troubleshooting and windows driver repairing the practical method.
Slow, unresponsive and funny things happening in the computer are top symptoms of virus infection. Antivirus is the straightforward counter attack for any viruses but sometimes, straightforward method is not applicable so you have to use other tools to help us fix the error.
1. Scanning and cleaning the computer with Ccleaner. Viruses likes temporary files, they mostly start in that place. Ccleaner will check and mark these files for cleaning, even temporary files used by application will be checked and marked. Making sure that these files are out in the system will lessen the files to be scanned by antivirus and antimalware. Registry cleaner, system startup applications and drive wiper are additionally functionality of ccleaner.
2. Scanning and cleaning the computer with Avast!. I must admit that Im biased with Avast!, why not? My experiences dictates it. Use Avast! Boot-time scan. I agree that boot-time is the best time to scan the computer for viruses because of the fact that there is no single loaded file and application are loaded. Avast! Would prompt for action to take if virus are found. Log will be provided after scanning.
3. Scanning and cleaning the computer with Malwarebytes. Viruses are one of the sophisticated application invented by hackers, most of them now are capable of hiding or evading antivirus application. That is the main reason for using Malwarebytes. This is my trusted application for this kind infection. Just run this tool and delete all found malicious files in the system.
4. Here is the repair part, after the infection, windows driver files are usually taken that damage of the infection and most of the time get corrupted and need replacing. There several ways to obtain and update the driver files.
4.1 Via manufacturers support page. All big computer manufacturers has good support pages.
4.2 Via windows update. I personally do not like.
4.3 Via Driver Update tool, here is my favorite: Windows Driver Updates from xpdrivers.com. For me this is the best, this makes my life easier, it search the internet and download latest and stable driver for your devices and in just one click, devices drivers will be updated and ready to go.
5. Update your system with Windows Update. Computers are attached through its security holes, computer updates patches these holes to avoid future error or repair to the error.
6. Insure your system. I mean make a restore point. I guess this one is self explanatory.